With it being two days into the new year, I thought I’d share with you “my word” for the year.
2017 was a year of much learning and growing. I became a mother, I moved to a new town of 1,100 people, I was stripped away from an amazing church and community, and I was working in a job I had no desire doing, and then I became a stay at home mom. I became lazy, self-absorbed, and lacked discipline in pretty much every aspect of my life. In ways that I wanted to be a better friend, wife, and daughter I fell short. In my diet and exercise, there was no discipline, and in my relationship with God, I’d become complacent.
My word for 2018 is
So what areas of my life need consistency, and how do I hope that to look?
- Quiet time with the Lord– DAILY time in the word, it doesn’t have to look any specific way, but I want to focus on Christ first thing when I wake up. Either through prayer, reading, or just meditating on Him & His word. Just like any intimate relationship communication is a must and it must be constant.
- Discipleship– As we choose to follow Christ, He commands us, His disciples to go out and make Disciples (Matt. 28:19). This year I will join a women’s small group, and I will be present, intentional, and vulnerable. I pray that in that group I can find an older, wiser woman who will disciple me one on one. Also, I pray that God reveals a younger woman in my life that I can disciple/mentor.
- If you have any questions on how to mentor/ disciple a younger girl or woman, check out this video from Girl Defined.
- Helpmate to my husband- In (Genesis 2) God prepared a bride for Adam, and He designed her to help her husband. What a beautiful picture of sacrifice and love! I want to help my husband by encouraging him, finding ways to sacrifice myself for him, and not adding any unnecessary drama or stress to his day!
- Diet & exercise– Enough said…am I right? You ladies might know what I am talking about here! I want to regularly work out, along with excluding poor food choices!
Now, I am not perfect, but I do expect of myself growth, hard work, and a lot of help from God!
What is your word for 2018?