Here in south Texas the weather is already starting to warm up! In a world where when the temperature rises, usually the hem lines rise as well. It always seems to get much harder to find modest pieces come spring and summer. Although, places like Amazon, J-Crew, and Old Navy are great places to start!
The main reason I focus on modesty on my blog is because as women of God, Paul tells us in 1 Timothy 2:8 “we are to adorn ourselves in modest apparel.” If we believe in God’s word, then we believe that every word on those pages are his commands, and that we should follow them. That is why She’s Wondrous focuses on encouraging modest fashion!
How do we stay modest as the weather gets warmer?
- Shop for styles that best fit your body: I always struggle finding bermuda shorts that I like. I like them to fit loose as they go down my thigh, not tight. Sadly they usually are always tight all the way through the leg. But I have found that Chino shorts are usually what fit for my body type. So first figure out how best to dress your body.
- Dress in light layers– As the weather warms us, there isn’t a need for layering anyways. Choose items like chambray and chiffon, or items that are breathable and lightweight. Try to choose tops with short sleeves, rely on bermuda shorts, and t-shirt dresses.
- Stay clear of sheer materials: This will help keep you from needing to add an undershirt or to add an extra layer to cover up.
- Look for items that are already a modest length: Wearing items that are already of modest length in leg, chest, and back areas. This will help keep you from having to add layers to cover certain areas.
- Wear materials that are loose-fitting: This is another sure way to stay cool in the up coming warmer weather. Loose fitting clothes always seem to be cooler in my opinion.